Pages

7.19.2016

Cost Worthy





In every foodie's chicken-or-the-egg style question, I've always wondered which came first: my love for food crafting or for food shopping?


They seem to have always held an equally special place in my heart, maybe because I knew the craft was on the other side of the task or that I'd have a small say it what was made by helping with the shopping, but in this case we'll say it was because I was hopeful that shopping would mean a treat.


  It's not as if Pavlov is in need of one more example to prove him right, but truly there was no better end to cruising up and down the cement floored aisles of a bulk-grocery mecca than being able to successfully convince my mom that Treat-Yourself-Sunday was a thing.


We always looked past the styrofoam pizza slices and greasy churros because this smoothie was our favorite Sunday share.  I doubt Costco's version includes any trace of greens but while throwing ingredients together I was hit with this spot on taste that brought me right back to those moments that I knew I needed to share!



Costco Berry Smoothie


Ingredients
  • 3 cups frozen fruit blend (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, raspberries)
  • 2 handfuls kale or spinach
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 T chia seeds or flax
  • 1/4 c grapefruit juice
  • 1/4 c orange juice

Combine
  1. Add the ingredients to a blender
  2. Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes
  3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment