Pages

6.30.2015

Something about Hawaii and Bacon






After following a strictly vegetarian diet for 10 years I am slowly reintroducing meat to my life.


My most recent rediscovery is bacon.


For the few weeks that followed my "first" bite of bacon I literally wanted nothing else.


My heart hates me.


Luckily having your bacon with a side of greens and fruit cancels out the unhealthy effects right?


Probably not.


BUT, this slightly adapted salad from The Kitchn is a good enough justification of that theory, and yes, if you get your Tupperware out you can even pack it up to make your co-workers drool!




Hawaiian Salad

(adapted from The Kitchn)

Ingredients (per salad)
  • a few chunks of pineapple
  • 2 T chopped red peppers
  • 1/2 c chickpeas
  • 2 T dressing, I used an lemon tahini dressing but ranch will work
  • 1-2 slices of bacon
  • 1 big handful of greens
Combine
  1. Start by cooking your bacon by method of choice then setting it aside to let cool.
  2. Toss the greens with your dressing of choice then sprinkle with pineapple, red pepper, and chickpeas,
  3. Chop up bacon and sprinkle on top.
  4. Note: this is a packable recipe, start by putting your dressing at the bottom of a tupperware, then layer in the chickpeas, pineapple, red pepper, bacon, and greens!




No comments:

Post a Comment