Pages

6.24.2016

Trop Pops





Although I try to be a little conscious of when fruits and veggies are actually in their natural season, sometimes it's just too easy to listen to an end-of-season-scraggler calling my name from the grocery store shelves... which is how I ended up with this very, very green pineapple on my counter.






At first I was nervous it wouldn't ripen, how could one expect it too when it's SO green?


Less than two days later I found myself, for once, feeling lucky to live on the top floor of a pre-war building as I watched gold creep up the spikey clusters and after watching a pineapple ripen with an unnatural speed I knew there was one thing that part of this pineapple absolutely had to be used for - popsicles!



Sticking with the tropical theme, I grabbed some coconut flakes and water, some leftover homemade candied ginger, and some similarly ripening bananas, and voila - Trop Pops were born.


Happy Melting!






Trop Pops

Ingredients
  • 2 bananas, very ripe
  • 1/2 c pineapple, frozen
  • 1/4 c candied ginger, chopped
  • 1/4 t coconut flakes, unsweetened
  • 1/2 c coconut water (such as Vita Coco)

Combine
  1. Slice the bananas, place them in a plastic bag, and freeze overnight.
  2. Toss the bananas into the bowl of a food processor and blend on high speed until they are the size of small crumbs.
  3. Add in the pineapple, candied ginger, and coconut, and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds to a minute until they are well incorporated in the mixture.
  4. Add in the coconut water and blend again for one minute until smooth.
  5. Spoon the mix into a popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment